Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. I personally could not have asked for a more perfect 1st Mother's day - Gregg and Samantha set the bar pretty high this year!

We started off by all sleeping in and then we heading out with the rest of Louisville to my favorite breakfast spot... Wild Eggs! :) :) By the time we finished with our 1 1/2 hour wait for a table we were able to partake in my mother's favorite event... Brunch! But, it was great to sit down, have a drink and enjoy a great breakfast/brunch with my two favorite people in Louisville (sorry all of my other favorite people in town, but it was Mother's day!) Next, we jumped in the car and headed to the ballpark and had a wonderful afternoon at the ballpark. It was a perfect day to be there... not a cloud in the sky and the temp. was perfect!

Then, just as we were leaving the park, we got a call from some very dear friends of ours that were downtown as well and we all decided to meet up for some early dinner... well, all of the restaurants still were working on the 2 hr wait policy so we decided to go eat were few moms would go eat for mother's day... Hooters :) :) It was great... no crowds and we were able to talk and take our time eating and not feel rushed to get out and get our table to another family... this might become a tradition with the Franklin family !!!! HA HA

Anyways - I guess it wasn't until I had a child of my own that it hit me how special of a day Mother's day really is... SO - mom, I'm sorry for all the times that I forgot about this day and had to run out the morning of and get you some flowers before church and then act like I had them the "whole time" :) :) I know my turn is coming with this little munchkin. However, I love you momma and I hope that you had a good Mother's Day even though I wasn't there to spend the day with you and take you to Brunch! I thought of you fondly all day while I was enjoying the day with Samantha

mimi

2 comments:

Trisha said...

I believe every mother waits for the day her child has a child to understand the unbelievable joy in her heart.
What a gift.......

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had a great mother's day!!! We sure enjoyed seeing you guys on Sunday :) :) And YES it may have to be a tradition!!!