Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ear tubes - April 15th


Samantha had ear tubes put in on the 15th and this was a day that I was both happy about and dreading. Samantha had been dealing with one long ear infecting since the 1st of Feb. and it had never gone away, but being the trooper that she is, she never really fussed (except for when the infection flared up) and she stayed the happy baby she has always been.

Gregg took her to the ear dr and he said she needed tubes asap, not something I was wanting to hear. But, we knew we had to do what was best for Sammie and we scheduled surgery for the following week on the 15th. Well, morning of the surgery came and I was a nervous wreck... the last place I wanted to take our little girl again was to the hospital - even if it was for a 10 minute procedure. However, I put on my brave face and toughed it out with Sammie (I figured if she could do it, I could do it). Surgery went great and she has been doing great with the tubes ever since.


just waking up after surgery

No comments: