Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 19, 2009

Long over due... I know

But I have a VERY valid excuse... I'm trying to adjust to going back to work :) See, very valid!!! As most of you know, I went back to work on the 5th and it's been great! I've enjoyed having the 'structure' back in my life and not sitting around the house wondering what do do next. I'm very OCD and you can only clean your house so much before you run out of things to clean on a daily basis and I don't cook so that's out of the question :) SO, it was great to go back to work to fill my days.

The first day was a little tough dropping off Samantha, but she did great and knowing that has made it easy to drop her off and go to work with ease. She stays at the Jewish Community Center around the corner from my office, so I can go and visit her during my lunch break when I need those extra cuddles from her during the day (and what mommy doesn't!) I was prepared for a bunch of sleepless nights that first week as Miss Samantha adjusted to a new schedule, but she has been FABULOUS! Here is a rundown of her new schedule: (for those of you who might get ill - stop reading now!) wakeup at 6:30am, get dressed and fed. Hang out with mommy and daddy until time to leave the house at 7. Back asleep in the car at 7. Sleep at daycare until they wake me up at 12. Eat lunch, take 30-45 minute nap then play time with all my new friends, nap, mid-day snack around 4. Mommy comes to get me around 5:30. Asleep on the car ride home and I sleep until about 7. Hang out in my vibrating chair until 8 when it's time to get into my pjs and eat dinner and take my medicine. Hang out and play with the family until 10, when mommy & daddy give me and extra 4oz of food before bedtime. Then off to bed for me where I sleep all time long in my crib. :)

Gregg and I do have a trick to her sleeping all night - she sleeps in her car seat! We think it's due to her acid refulx that she likes to sleep in the seat, but like the dr. said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! This child definately has my sleep pattern... on the weekends, she will sleep anywhere from 10-11hrs during the night and then want to take a nap shortly after her feeding :) Like mother like child.

I have to count our blessings as Miss Samantha has been in daycare for 2 weeks now and has not gotten sick at ALL... knock on wood. I contribute this to Gregg and I giving her the daily dose of vitamins and her being in a small daycare (she is one of 8 kiddos). The ladies at daycare are so great with her, we couldn't ask for a better envirionment for Samantha to be in.

Things are going good and I truly live for the weekends now whene I can spend time hanging out with that sweet little girl watching her grow and just being in total amazment as to how much she has overcome in her short life. She amazes me each and every day...

Hope you all are doing well and surviving the cold weather
Love and miss you all -
The Kimmers

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad everything is going well!!! You guys are doing a great job!

Trisha said...

Samanatha has really picked up on her mom's independence, sleeps all day and is entertained well by others. An early desire for friends is a really good sign.
Her grandparents are eagerly awaiting her first school picture to see if we recognize her. (No posted pictures)

All Things Family said...

I'm glad she's adjusted well to her new schedule! She's such a cutie!