Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Sorry for the delay in blogging! It's been hectic with the holidays, family in town, trying to get Samantha back on her schedule, getting the house cleaned up and here we are at the New Year.
As most of you can probably tell, Kimmer did the last post on here. What is it with men and not giving any detail? Men just want to get right to the point and women want you to know the details :) At any rate - we had a wonderful Christmas with Samantha she got some great things, but not too much as we don't want to start the spoiling process early (nor did I want to be unwrapping her gifts all day). Gregg and I got her a personalized growth chart for her room that is too cute, she also got a couple of toys and some clothes...

Our Future Tiger


Samantha's Growth Chart

I've talked to a couple of you since the holidays - but wanted to let the rest of you know that the meals turned out GREAT! For Christmas Eve dinner, I made a black pepper crusted prime rib with baked potatoes and all the trimmings, broccoli, carrots, and rolls... red velvet cake for dessert.



Christmas morning I made breakfast - nothing too fancy or time consuming, but a nice breakfast of an egg dish with sausage, cheese, apples and some spices along with some cinnamon rolls... and mimosas :-)
For dinner I made a Orange Marmalade glazed turkey, oven roasted potatoes, citrus sweet potatoes rounds, dressing, cranberry sauce, green beans, rolls and gravy. Everything turned out great, but the only problem was that the oven was so full of stuff and it's 8 years old so we didn't end up eating until 9ish that night! SO, I just kept the family's cocktail glasses full until I could serve dinner and that seemed to work just fine :) :)



Samantha starts daycare on Monday and although a part of me is looking forward to it, the other part of me is dreading it because there are parts of my day with her that I will miss. We have this routine in the mornings after she eats, that I go get my coffee, come back to bed, lay her on my chest and I either watch tv or goof off on the computer while she sleeps on my chest for awhile. It's a great way for me to start my days and I will miss that - but I will get to look forward to that on the weekends. I was telling Gregg and even though we have researched daycare centers and are putting her in a great place, I think I have found a great nanny for her that will watch her at the house. I did a test run at the house this week and I think it worked out pretty well - what do you guys think?


We got Miss Samantha a BebePod seat the other day so she can start learning/practicing how to sit up on her own. She's doing great in it, but she's doing the "gangsta lean"



We hope you all have a HAPPY 2009!

5 comments:

Bri said...

I am so impressed with your cooking ability! That is quite a spread of food :o) Good luck with starting daycare. I can't even imagine the mix of emotions. Happy New Year to you all!

Unknown said...

I am impressed with the cooking too....wow!!! Those are some awesome dishes....

Oh and Ausi and her do go so well together... he has the gangsta lean too!

Trisha said...

For those of you who might not have known Emily when she and Gregg first moved to Kentucky, she had decided to have a Pampered Chef party to get to know some of the people there. On the day of the party she called me and said "Did you know this was a cooking party?"
Christmas Eve and Christmas day was so full of great dishes, all made from scratch by Emily..... Her dad and I are so proud!!!!
I am requesting 4 of her recipes....
An unbelievable blessing to have spent Christmas with Samantha and her parents.

Anonymous said...

Wow! The food looks awesome. Sorry I missed it. ha! I'm lovin the new nanny for Samntha! What a great idea. I also think the gansta lean has come on out in full swing, and at such an early age! Keep the updates coming. I love them! Thanks.
Bets

All Things Family said...

ON the nanny comment...just saw it...I was a nanny, and I definitely think if you can find a good one, it's a great alternative to day care...especially if you get a great one that truly loves your child!